Pain Center Treatments
Northwest Spine and Pain Medicine’s providers and staff collaborate with referring physicians to provide care for patients with acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain. By employing state-of-the-art advances in the field of Pain Management, the Center’s experienced and knowledgeable pain specialists work with patients to develop individualized treatment plans that address their specific needs.
Within this Pain Center, providers and staff not only strive to relieve indications of pain but also to help patients learn how to successfully control their lives. Specifically, patients can learn techniques for reducing pain, for decreasing the reliance on medications, and for improving the ability to comfortably perform basic activities of daily living. Ultimately, the primary goal at the Pain Center is to diminish or eliminate pain so that even patients with chronic conditions can lead active and pleasurable lives.
NWSPM offers a full range of services, including evaluation, diagnosis, therapy, anesthesia-based procedures, and rehabilitation.
Interventional Procedures for Chronic and Acute Pain Treatment
Interventional procedures for chronic pain and acute pain treatments are proven to be effective for many conditions.
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Medial Branch Block of the Facet Joint
- Facet Joint Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sympathetic Blocks
- Sacroilliac Joint Steroid Injection
- Joint and Bursa Injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Stellate Ganglion Block
Interventional Pain Management
Interventional pain management involves special procedures that strive to effectively treat and manage pain. Under the umbrella of “Interventional” procedures is an array of treatments, which include, but are not limited to, injections of anesthetic medicines or steroids around nerves, tendons, joints or muscles; implantations of spinal cord stimulators; insertions of drug delivery systems; and procedures that utilize radiofrequency ablation or cryoablation to stop a nerve from working for a prolonged period of time. These techniques are essential in helping some patients:
- Reduce the severity of pain and the amount of time pain is experienced
- Increase the ability to perform activities in the home and at work
- Allow for an increase in activities at home and work
- Overcome the social isolation caused from the inability to remain active
- Learn new skills for effectively coping with pain
- Improve the overall quality of life
- Rehabilitate both physically and emotionally
Patients needing interventional pain management services suffer distress and discomfort caused by a variety of conditions and disorders, including:
- Chronic low back and neck pain
- Chronic Joint pain
- Fibromyalgia and chronic muscle pain syndromes
- Chronic reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) or complex regional pain syndrome
The Pain Center offers a variety of treatments, including:
- Epidural injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar and caudal)
- Selective epidural and root blocks (cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral)
- Facet injections and medical branch blocks (cervical, thoracic and lumbar)
- Sympathetic blocks (stellate ganglion, thoracic, lumbar and hypogastric)
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Radiofrequency denervation
- Spinal cord stimulation trials
Radiofrequency Ablation uses precision thermal lesioning to destroy facet joints in the cervical and lumbar spine. In carefully selected patients, this minimally invasive procedure can relieve unremitting back and neck pain that is initially unresponsive to conservative measures.
Multidisiplinary / Multispecialty Care
AAAASF accredited Procedure Center
Northwest Spine and Pain Medicine is an AAASF accredited procedure center that performs various types of spinal injections in the most advanced and comfortable environment available. As we understand that many patients may feel anxious prior to undergoing an invasive procedure, IV sedation can be provided upon request.
Chronic pain conditions are often the result of complex etiologies that require several forms of treatment, including diagnostic studies, invasive procedures, rehabilitative measures, medication therapy, and/or psychological assistance. At Northwest Spine and Pain Medicine, we believe that a multidisciplinary approach offers the highest probability of a successful outcome by utilizing the expertise of a diverse group of professionals with varying specialties.
- Subacute and Chronic Pain Management
- Facet Joint Blocks
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- EMG / NCS
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Occipital Nerve Block
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Medication Management
- Certified Suboxone Prescriber
- Psychological Evaluation and Treatment
- Physical Therapy
- K-Laser Treatment
- Trigger Point Injections